Sunday, May 8, 2011

Herb Garden

So much for a post a day! I think four posts per week is a smart goal. I wrote a post about the reasons I avoid Bourbon Street but didn't save it correctly so more on that later.

There's a mini herb garden on my balcony! To the naysayer who tried to tell me our balcony is not an ideal spot for growing, I say ha! All the plants are growing and not dead so it's coming along great! I have sweet basil, flat Italian parsley, Greek oregano and rosemary. Yesterday, I plucked some oregano to compliment a salad and it was awesome. I felt like a real Suzie Homemaker.

I have visions of having a huge backyard garden some day with a couple of big dogs and a chicken coop. When future-me is all decked out in a sweet gardening hat and gloves with soil on my knees and cheeks (why is there dirt on my cheeks? Who knows, but I will clearly have dirty cheeks) I will look back fondly to my humble beginnings with a planter and a cup of water on my New Orleans balcony.




































xoxox, my green thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment