Friday, May 13, 2011

Currently Reading

I'm usually not big on celebrity authorship, excluding Jon Stewart's America and Steven Colbert's I Am America (and So Can You!) I find celebrity authorship akin to Gwenyth Paltrow coming out with a new single or 50 Cent starring in a movie. Just because you're famous at one thing doesn't mean you are qualified to find fame in any old media medium. Take some advice from that famous basketball player who tried his hand at baseball (it's Michael Jordan. Thank you google.)

However, being the Tina Fey fan that I am (Yeah, 30 Rock!) I picked up Tina Fey's current NYTimes Hardcover Nonfiction bestseller Bossypants. I could not put it down - I read the first 150 pages in the first sitting. The book is laugh-out-loud funny - literally. She touches on so many feminist issues near and dear to my heart - body image ideals, women in business inequalities, gay rights - and all in hilarious and clever ways, while still conveying the seriousness of the issues.

It's worth every penny for the hardcover and Barnes and Noble is selling it for 30% off right now. I don't think it's something I'll ever re-read entirely, but I've already picked it up to re-read certain sections and laugh all over again.



No comments:

Post a Comment