Sunday, May 29, 2011

Brats, Sunny Skies and Swimming

As I try to foster ideas on a theme and create some kind of schedule, I'm going to try a Love/Hate Sunday blog. The topic may be a love-love (pinatas!), hate-hate (bad grammar!), love-hate (whiskey?) or off-the-wall shit like phone receivers or miso paste.

Today I kinda hate kids. More appropriately I kinda hate their irresponsible (or invisible) parents. A child should be taught to be polite, respectful and have good manners. When an adult addresses a child, s/he should stop, listen and respond. Don't interrupt. Don't be a brat. Furthermore, parents should lead by example and I see a lot of rude obnoxious adults raising the next generation of the like.

Today I love the weather. The forecast for NOLA this week is: Mon-92 Tue-91 Wed-92 Thu-92 Fri-91 Sat-93 Sun-92. Suck it, Michigan.

Today I love/hate swimming. Bullshit, I love/love it. I started up a summer membership at Tulane and it's off the chain. I always get a whole lane to myself. I'm already swimming sets of 20 laps with ease feeling like a bad ass. I have visions of flat tummy and toned arms dancing in my head. The post-workout sauna knocks my socks off. Only thing is I'm damn tired this week. I'll get over it, off the the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment